A new edition of a traditional pilot's chronograph
The Sinn 158 Chronograph rethinks the historic 155 Bw model and transports it into the modern era with the precise automatic calibre from the Swiss manufacturer Selita and the red design elements. Once marketed under the name "Bundeswehr Chronograph for Pilots", the 155 Bw was manufactured from decommissioned Bundeswehr stocks and then provided with the Sinn logo on the dial. To this day, the watch with double stop function is still one of Sinn's most sought-after collector's watches, not least because of the small number of units. With the 158 Collection, the Frankfurt manufactory pays homage to the old pilot's watch, so that the design is strongly reminiscent of the original model. The pearl-blasted 43-millimetre stainless steel case of the Sinn 158, as well as the domed acrylic glass and the easy-to-grip aluminium pilot's ring, are entirely in keeping with past decades.
The SW 510 calibre enables the horizontal bicompax division as well as the central stop second with a second hand at nine o'clock and a stop minute hand at three o'clock, just like its predecessor. The only difference is the Sinn 158's additional date function at six o'clock.
At a glance
- Sinn 158 Bundeswehr Limited Edition (500 copies)
- Bezel: Aviator bezel with minute scale
- Movement: Automatic Selita SW 510 calibre
- Case: Bead blasted stainless steel, screwed-on case back
- Diameter: 43mm
- Dial: Matt black
- Indices: Numerals, hour and minute hands with luminous paint
- Glass: Impact-resistant acrylic glass
- Strap: Black vintage leather strap with thorn close
- Water resistance: 100 metres (10 bar)