From generation to generation
The son of the company's founder, Abraham Vacheron, took over the watch workshop based in Geneva's Saint Gervais district in 1785. A few years later, the shockwaves of the French Revolution caused general unrest in the country but despite this, Abraham Vacheron led the company to success. From 1810, further growth was led by the third generation in the person of Jacques Barthélémi Vacheron. This was an era of technical innovations for the watch brand such as sophisticated and complicated calibers. These included a watch that not only displayed the time but could also play two melodies!
The year 1819 saw a legendary cooperation when master-watchmaker Jacques Barthélémi Vacheron and merchant François Constantin formed a partnership. Their aim was to produce the best timekeepers in the world and their motto was '"If possible, always do better - and that is always possible".